No, the problem is that your aura is dirty. (Source)
Now, you may be asking yourself: given that auras don't exist, how did mine get dirty? And however will I get it clean again?
Like with many things, the key to both is diligence. According to the author of the above-linked article, there are many ways your aura can get dirty, to wit:
- Entering a room in which an argument had just taken place.
- Being shouted at by your boss.
- Accidentally poking someone on the street.
- Having someone wish that you were dead.
- Being cursed by an old lady because you have a tattoo.
But I digress.
So, we've established that it's all too easy, even if you have no tattoos, to get schmutz on your aura. This can result in a variety of bad things happening, including:
- Your will could become weaker.
- You could become less sensitive to "energies." Whatever that means.
- You could become a target for "astral attacks." Whatever that means.
- You could be a source of contagious aura-schmutz for others.
And that's the problem with all of this, isn't it? All it requires is that you have a good enough imagination, and the whole thing works like a charm. You don't have to make any real changes in your life, or (heaven forfend) get medical attention or help from a counselor; all you have to do is click your heels together three times and say, "There's no place like home," and you're all set.